Sunday, July 11, 2010

Musik: recommended

Since being in Sweden I have got a bit more into music because Swedes are so into it themselves & it is accessible through the music streaming application Spotify (only avail for Swedes and Brits though sorry folks). Here's quite a comprehensive list of artists from my current playlists that I totally recommend listening to! Lots of the swedish music is in fact in english and even for the stuff that isnt, it still has a great tune behind it! Swedish is a really melodic language anyway, so it seems to go quite nicely with music. Funny that. Most of the music I've listed is available through grooveshark.com which I totally recommend using also. 


Swedish musik


Air France
Amanda Jensson
Bob Hund
Deportees
Elias & the Wizzkids
Fibes, Oh Fibes!
First Aid Kit
Florence Valentin
Hello Saferide
Hildas Gitarr
Hoffmaestro
Håkan Hellström
Jenny Wilson
Jens Leckman
JJ
Jonathan Johansson
Juvelen
Kent
Kleerup
Koop
Lake Heartbeat
Laleh
Lars Winnerbäck
Loney, Dear
Lykke Li
Magnus Uggla
Markus Krunegård
Nordpolen
Röyskopp
Salem Al Fakir
Sally Shapiro
Shout Out Louds
Taken by Trees
The Bear Quartet
The Embassy
The Hives
The Sound of Arrows
The Tough Alliance
Those Dancing Days
Timo Räisänen
Tingsek
Tutankamon
Wild Beasts
Wildbirds & Peacedrums
Kings of Convenience (Norwegian actually)
The Whitest Boy Alive (same singer as Kings of Convenience)
Emiliana Torrini (icelandic)




Other good musicians I have discovered


Band of Horses
Bat for Lashes
Elliot Brood
Fanfarlo
Friendly Fires 
Hot Chip 
Laura Marling
Lemon Jelly (So good!)
Marijn
Marina & the Diamonds
Matt & Kim
Mumford & Sons
Noah & the Whale
Owl City
Quebec Antique
Slow Club
Sia
Stars
Surfer Blood
The Magic Numbers
The Rescues
The Rural Alberta Advantage
The xx
Two Door Cinema Club
TV on the Radio
We are Scientists
White Lies
Wild Beasts
Yeasayer




Others I cant stop listening to that are oldies but goodies


Angus & Julia Stone
Beirut
Belle & Sebastian
Bon Iver
Broken Social Scene
Cat Power
Cold War Kids
Doves
Feist
Fink
Guillemots
Joshua Radin
The Nationals
The Postal Service
The Specials


++++++++


I helped organise a festival www.festivalimaglehem.se when I was in Sweden. If you're really keen, be sure to go to the music part of the website & check out the up and coming musicians through the links to myspace. 


In the process of researching ideas for the Art & Design for the festival, I came across the following websites that you are probably familiar with:
www.splore.co.nz - definitely keen to go to the next one!
www.splendourinthegrass.com - a tonne of the musicians I've mentioned playing here! Happening in two weeks in fact. So wish I could go. So wish I could design a website THAT cool too!!

2 comments:

  1. Elias and the Wizzkids
    First Aid Kit
    Hello Saferide
    Jenny Wilson
    Taken by trees
    The Embassy


    are Swedish as well... :) cheers! /S

    ReplyDelete